Now that the dissertation is in (this accounts for my recent small bout of quietness - more on this soon, I hope), it is challenge-joining time. I am trying to be more moderate this year, and to make my way through as much of Mt. TBR as possible (whom did I pick up that designation for my unread book pile from? I can't remember.).
So, Challenge #1: The Pub (2008) Challenge. Its rules:
- Read a minimum of 8 books published in 2008. (Library books are acceptable!)
- No children’s/YA titles allowed, since we’re at the ‘pub.’
- At least 4 titles must be fiction.
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
- Titles may be changed at any time.
It is hard to form a list for this challenge, since many of the books I will hopefully include on it haven't yet been released and haven't come to my attention. Nonetheless, here are a couple I hope to start out with:
- The Translator: A Tribesman's Memoir of Darfur by Daoud Hari (March 2008)
- The Story of Forgetting by Stefan Merril Block (April 2008)